Q: Key not turning in ignition

The key will not turn in the ignition. I have tried turning the steering wheel, but it will not budge.

A: Hi there. This problem is caused by a lack ...

Hi there. This problem is caused by a lack of mobility in your ignition cylinder. The bumps on your key depress a series of channels in the cylinder in the correct combination of order for it to release it’s locking mechanism. If one of these channels is not depressed, the cylinder will not allow you to turn the key. A replacement of the ignition cylinder would be the solution to your problem. Have a certified mechanic install a new ignition cylinder for you.