Q: took car for oil change, after driving home abs light came on, took it back they said it was a cracked tone ring

asked by on February 13, 2017

took car for oil change, after driving home abs light came on, took it back they said it was a cracked tone ring. Do you think this is suspicous

Hello. I will be happy to help you. The oil change and the ABS tone ring are unrelated. I would not say suspicious unless they did a tire rotation. Doing a tire rotation would make it remotely possible that they damaged the ABS tone ring. Even while rotating tires it is highly unlikely that they could damage the tone ring unless they were extremely negligent. If the ring is broken luckily it is a rather an expensive part and so will the labor be if you choose the right shop to install it. I suggest that a technician confirm the findings of the shop that did your oil change, then replace it if necessary. I will have a quote sent to you for the ABS tone ring replacement son you can have it for future reference. Before replacing it I suggest that you confirm the issue, therefore we will send you a quote for an ABS inspection as well.