Q: Quick question on Licence plates/tags

Hi I live in Maryland and am a fan of the corolla gts from 1986. I found one with an engine swap (it has a sr20det engine from Nissan) the owner has street rod tags on it. My question is could I get regular plates if I pass inspection and emissions. I also found a stock AE86 which one should I buy? Also Wich one would have a greater chance of getting regular tags? I would like to drive the car on the highway. Thank you.

Hi there. I would recommend buying the stock vehicle, as the one with an engine replacement can have difficulty passing emissions. This may why it’s registered as a "hot rod" in your state. If your vehicle passes emissions, you should be able to put normal license plates on the vehicle.

3. Quick question on Licence plates/tags