Q: Tapping noise when under a load.

My car gets tapping noise when accelerating from stop. Once it pick up speed it doesn't do that. And the noise also comes back when going up hill. I have checked oil level. It is good. Please let me know what could be the problem. I can upload a clip of sound as well. Thanks.

As per request to an earlier question here is the sound clips of noise. Can be heard at 7sec onwards. https://soundcloud.com/user-420341856/voice-001

Sorry for the post. I did not know how to reply to earlier answer by David https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/tapping-noise-when-accelerating-by-jay-p

Hi there. The sound that you provided for the tapping noise sounds as if your engine is dieseling when operating. This is a noise that occurs when the engine is either running too hot or has too much carbon on the pistons causing the fuel to burn when the piston is not at top dead center. There is a pinging noise and slight clicking noise as the engine is accelerated and then a loud banging type noise as the throttle is let off in the audio. The noise is the same as a Detroit Diesel engine shutting off. I recommend cleaning the engine parts with sea foam in the fuel system and the intake system to clean up any carbon on the pistons and valve train to reduce the temperature in the cylinders as the engine is running. If you need further assistance with your engine making a noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Tapping noise when under a load.