Q: What does the Vehicle Dynamic Control off switch do?

What does the Vehicle Dynamic Control off switch do?

A: Your Altima is equipped with a stability an...

Your Altima is equipped with a stability and traction control system called the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC).

The VDC system is designed to provide better traction during slippery driving by reducing engine output. This reduces wheel spin and can help get out of tight situations. It is on by default, and you can turn it off by using the VDC off switch.

To turn the VDC system back on, just press the off button again. It will also come back on automatically when you turn the engine off and then crank it once more (it will come back on even if you stopped the engine with it off).