Q: When my car is idling at ref light it's shakes as if it's going to die. What is the problem?

Every time my car is at a red light it begins to shake as if it's going to die. Why is my car acting as if it wants to die while idling?

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle using a scanning tool which will more accurately indicate what specifically may be causing this.

• When my car is idling at ref light it's shakes as if it's going to die. What is the problem?