Q: brake lights not working, cant shift out of park

hello, my issue is that my brake lights wont turn on when i brake and my shift stick wont shift out of park...so i have to push a button left of the shift stick to shift out of park to drive( if that makes any sense) ....so i took my car to a mechanic and he said maybe I needed to get new light bulbs because maybe it was burned. He checked the fuse box and the brake light switch and said it was fine.....so i bought new light bulbs and still nothing :/......i think it might be something electrical because i spilled my drink a while back ago on the shift stick...please help........QUESTION, do you guys come operate on apartment complex? its because i live in a apartment...

The brake light switch is the most common failure that would make the brake lights inoperative for your car. However, a mere blown fuse can also be the cause. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose your brake lights to see if it is the switch or a fuse. Since you spilled a drink on the shifter you may of shorted the shift interlock and it would need to be checked. We often serve customers at their apartment complexes, so we would definitely be able to service your car at your resident parking lot.

3. brake lights not working, cant shift out of park