Q: Fuel tank door not opening

My fuel tank door does not open when I pull the lever inside the car. In addition, the driver's side automatic sliding door does not open.

The fuel door on this van also has a safety switch inside the door that will disable the automatic side door if the fuel door is open. The fuel door has to be opened in order to see if it is missing a pad that pushes on the slide door lock release. The fuel door release would need to be checked to see if the actuator is working or not, and to diagnose how to get it to open properly. The way this is often accomplished is by having someone push the release, while a second person pulls out on the fuel door. If this gets the door open, then the door spring is weak. I recommend that you have a mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, inspect the cause of your fuel tank door not opening for a proper diagnosis.