Q: very loud noise when i turn left or right but drives great straight. i just replaces axles and cv joints and tire rods ok.

asked by on July 12, 2016

I had a flat then notice slight pull i had all new tires put on but now cant turn left or right without feeling like car's bottom about to fall out. i had cv joints tire rods all checked and ok. i replaced axles and still feels like car going to fall apart if i turn left or right. drives good straight.

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote
Engine Mount Replacement $112.84 - $1607.30 Get a Quote
Ball Joint Front Replacement $111.49 - $774.56 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are several possible possibilities, as these are kind of noisy cars. Failed strut mounts and bearings are a common source of noise when turning. Wheel bearings also make noise while turning when they fail as well. It’s also possible the final drive (differential on a FWD car) is making noise inside the transmission, and only makes noise when it’s allowing the axles to turn at different speeds, such as when going around corners. It could also have failed engine mounts, failed suspension bushings, or ball joints. Because there are so many potential sources of a noise while turning, I would suggest having the car noise diagnosed by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.