Q: S10 2.8 to 3.4 engine swap. Crank but no start.

I have a 93 s10 was a 2.8 but it blew head gasket and needed piston rings. I couldnt find a decent 2.8 anywhere so we found a 3.4 block out of a 95 camaro and put it in. We used everything from the s10 except we kept the 3.4 heads on it. The truck ran with the 2.8. But when we got everything back together it will crank over just wont start. If you spay it with ether it barely acts like its going to start over and over and over then once the ethers gone it goes back to just cranking.

Hi there. Check the spark plugs and make sure that they are creating enough spark to allow the fuel to burn. If there is great spark and the engine acts like it does not want to start, then there could be burned valves or the piston rings in the 3.4L could be damaged causing too low of compression. I suggest testing the compression on all of the cylinders and ensure that the engine is in good shape. Used engines could be a caution when using them for a lower cost repair. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. S10 2.8 to 3.4 engine swap. Crank but no start.