Q: Reverse, courtesy, & license plate lights are out

The following lights aren’t working: reverse lights, courtesy lights, and license plates. I changed the bulbs and all the wiring looks okay, as far as I can tell. Also, the fuses and relays look fine. What causes this kind of trouble?

Its very possible there is a ground issue as the only thing in common with all of these lights is ground G402.The ground wires meet up at a splice point prior to the ground point. To verify this, a voltage drop test on the ground side of the the various trunk consumers must be performed. The reading from the voltage drop test should be less than .1v. A reading higher than that indicates an issue in the ground circuit. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have access to the necessary documentation and have the training and equipment to test the ground circuit and correct the issue.

3. Reverse, courtesy, & license plate lights are out