Q: No start and key stuck in ignition switch?

asked by on November 18, 2016

Ok so Own a Transverse And it has been Sitting for About 2 months with no gas I was able to put in the car half gallon of gas But the wouldnt Start But it was able to Move Gears So I Put it in Drive And Then I put it back to Parking But then the key wouldn't Come out

Hi there. Assuming the vehicle ran when it was parked, would lead me to believe, more than one thing is going on with your vehicle. A half a gallon of fuel, may not be enough to start the engine. If the battery was run down during cranking, low voltage may be the reason the lock cylinder won’t return to the off position, causing the key to be stuck. The shift lever may not have fully returned to the park position causing the key to be stuck. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr