Q: How do I use driver shift control (DSC)?

How do I use driver shift control (DSC)?

Driver shift control (DSC) allows you to control the shifts in your automatic vehicle. This can make for a smoother ride and greater fuel efficiency, and is also more enjoyable for many drivers. You can use the DSC anytime that your vehicle is in D (Drive). Simply push the shifter to the left, from the D position to the + and – manual position. Then press the shift lever forward (to the + sign) to shift up a gear, or pull the shifter lever towards the – sign to downshift.

Tip

The driver information center (DIC) will display what gear you are currently in, next to an M.