Q: 2012 Jetta Cruise control not engaging.

cruise control not engaging although all fuses are good. I was first going to replace brake light switch even though brake lights are working. What do u think?

You may still be right about the brake light switch. The brake light switch two redundant circuits for safety. One of the circuits can fail and the brake lights will still work but the cruise control will be disabled. It would show up on a scan if you had a scan tool. Anyway, it’s a common failure on the Jetta and not too expensive so you might give it a shot. If you would rather know for sure, you can contact Your Mechanic and they will send a technician to your home or office to check out your cruise control for you.

3. 2012 Jetta Cruise control not engaging.