Q: How do you change the remote from two-step unlocking to one-step unlocking?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you change the remote from two-step unlocking to one-step unlocking?

While your remote is set by default for two-step unlocking, you can change that to one-step unlocking if you prefer. This allows you to unlock all the doors on your car with just one button press. Here’s how to change it:

1. Press both the lock and Unlock buttons on the remote at the same time.
  2. Hold them for about four seconds.
  3. Watch for the lights to flash twice.
  4. Check that the remote now offers one-step locking.

Tip

• To change back to two-step unlocking, just repeat the steps above.