Q: Car vibraitng at 80 mph and over

Hello. I was wondering if the issue I have with my car is normal or is it a sign of a more serious and expensive problem. The problem happens at 80 mph and higher speeds. Then, my car would start vibrating and I'm not sure why. Do you have any idea why this happens? Thank you.

Hello there. A few different items can cause the vehicle to have a high speed vibration. Most of the times these symptoms will start at 65mph or normal freeway speeds. The most common causes of this vibration includeL wheel(s) out of balance, tire(s) worn improperly, and shock absorber or strut issues. If you want to have this checked, a qualified technician like one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car’s vibration issue and perform any repairs required. Note: if 80mph is above the posted speed limit in your area, technicians will not be allowed to drive that fast during their inspection - but a normal vehicle inspection should indicate where the fault lies.