Q: Clutch problem in i20 Magna-Opt Diesel

Hi, I now replaced my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder but still I am facing issues in gear shifting i.e when the clutch is fully floored only,I am able to shift gears.I am unable to shift gears when the clutch is half pressed or not fully pressed.Do I need to replace the clutch plate in this case?? Also,I would like to know if the brake and clutch both use the fluid from same reservoir or from respective master cylinders?? Please advise... Thanks in advance, Debasish

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Actually, you should only be shifting gears with the clutch pedal fully to the floor.

However, there may still be some air in the clutch hydraulic line, and the clutch needs additional bleeding. It is also possible that the clutch disc is worn enough to replace, but that is usually most evident by slippage when the clutch is released, and a much bigger range of pedal position to shift gears.

Regarding shared/separate fluid reservoirs - No, I believe the clutch master cylinder, and the brake master cylinder are separate on your vehicle. They are close together however - black circular top, white-ish plastic body.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.