Q: clutch stiff to depress, and car wont start, battery good no clicking

clutch is stiff it just doesnt feel like its doing anything kind of like a kink or bending of something. Reading about clutch safety switch. would that also make clutch feel jammed some. and where is it located HELP!!!!!!!

Hi there. The clutch safety switch it located under the dash on the clutch pedal assembly. From what you are saying though, it sounds like a clutch master cylinder issue. If the piston binds in the cylinder then this will occur. It can also be a problem with the pedal mechanism, but that is not as common. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the clutch problem and starting issue.

• clutch stiff to depress, and car wont start, battery good no clicking