Q: My car has a check engine light and gave codes P2195, P2251, P0170

asked by on May 13, 2016

My car has a check engine light and I checked the codes and this is what came up: P2195 Powertrain O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean bank 1 Sensor 1; P2251 Powertrain O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit / Open bank1 Sensor1; P0170 Powertain Fuel Trim (Bank 1). I don't know very much about cars. What could this be, and how do I fix it?

Based on these fault codes, it sounds like you have an oxygen sensor that as failed and it will need to be replaced. The trouble codes will also have to be cleared after the sensor is replaced to see if there are any other issues. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose the Check Engine Light codes and carry out the repair.

Here are some in-depth articles for your codes, these will help you understand some of the concerns and possible fixes for your car: