Q: What does the Antilock Brake (ABS) indicator mean on the dash?

What does the Antilock Brake (ABS) indicator mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with an antilock brake system (ABS) that works with your regular brakes to provide better control in certain driving situations. You’ll notice that the ABS light on the dash of your car comes on from time to time. Here’s what you need to know about it:

1. The ABS light should come on for a few seconds during startup. It should then go off.

2. If the light comes on at any point other than when you first crank the engine, it means there’s a problem with the system and it needs to be inspected.

3. If the light comes on and stays on, it indicates that you need to have the ABS system inspected, and that it has been disabled.

3. What does the Antilock Brake (ABS) indicator mean on the dash?