Q: Coil spring making noise when turning a steering wheel 2012 Kia Sorrento

Coil spring making noise when turning a steering wheel!what could be a problem?

Hi there - the noise you describe while turning the steering wheel is due to a worn strut bearing plate, or one that needs some grease (replacement still required). These bearings do take the load of the vehicle through the springs as you suspect when steering the vehicle. They are noisiest it seems on cold mornings, when you first turn the steering wheel. I recommend a strut bearing plate replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Coil spring making noise when turning a steering wheel 2012 Kia Sorrento