Q: Ambient temperature sensor is said to be bad..clutch will not engage.

Took vehicle to dealer. they said that was the problem. we have put another compare sensor and a new evaporator. also a used condenser plus a accumulator. and the clutch still won't engage.

A: The A/C compressor clutch is turned on and ...

The A/C compressor clutch is turned on and off by the clutch relay in the intelligent power module on left side of engine compartment. The relay is turned on and off by the engine power train control module. If the PCM is not getting a correct ambient temperature reading, then it will not allow the A/C clutch to be energized. You should have the system inspected to see if you need to replace the ambient temperature sensor. Also, check the A/C pressures for any other problems. If you would like to have this checked for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your clutch issue and make the appropriate repair.