Q: Going at 20 km/h or more the front right wheel locks up what can be the cause

asked by on October 10, 2016

Hi I have a 2011 scion XD after an accident now the front wheel wen I reach 20 or more km and h the abs comes on

Hi there. If this occurred right after an accident, then it may have damaged the wheel speed sensor. If you have the spare tire on the vehicle then this can occur also. Usually when this problem starts happening it is because it sees that one of the wheels is not spinning at the same speed as the others. I usually install a scan tool and monitor the sensor readings to be able to tell what is going on. If you are planning on having this ABS problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the ABS Light and have this corrected.