Q: Car dies while driving

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car continues to die while driving. The battery checked out OK.

The most common problem encountered by other owners for engine stalls has been the crankshaft sensor. The crankshaft sensor sends a signal to the engine computer to tell it that the engine is turning. If loss of this signal happens, then the engine will stall, and may not restart, or it will not start until the sensor cools. I would recommend having an experienced mechanic come to your home or business to diagnose your stalling issue, and recommend the best path to repair.