Q: Driving with the parking brake on

asked by on October 06, 2016

I drove for 25-30 minutes with the parking brake on and went around 50-60 mph, when I stopped my rear wheel wells were steaming and smelled like something was burning. Should I replace anything immediately or can I wait?

Hi, thanks for writing in. As long as your brakes feel fine, I would say there is no immediate need to replace anything. It would be a good idea to have a mechanic check to make sure nothing is damaged or excessively worn at your soonest convenience. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform a 75-point safety inspection for you.