Q: Horn blowing when high beams are turned on.

When I turn on or flash my high beams my horn blows until I cut them off... How can I fix this issue?... Thanks for the help!

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is an electrical short somewhere that is delivering a power supply to the horn when the lights are turned to high. This means the wiring is touching somewhere. There are other more complex ways for this to happen as well. This typically includes issues with the switch and clock spring. The only way to find out where the voltage is coming from is by tracking it. This can be done with a voltmeter if equipped. Typically you need a wiring diagram and a general understanding of how the vehicle is wired. For more help with this electrical testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.