Q: Check engine light is on with codes P2063 and P2064

asked by on May 13, 2016

My SUV has about 70,000 miles on it and the check engine light is on. I scanned it with my OBD-2 tool and got the codes P2063 and P2064. I have done some research and can't find much. The SUV runs just fine besides the light coming on; I haven't noticed any change in its performance. What could this be?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The codes you are getting are for the exhaust fluid injection system. Most of the time, this is the result of a failure in the fluid sensor. In some cases, the tank and sensor can be cleaned but most of the time it needs to be replaced. In order to know for sure, I would test the sensors with a scan tool and an ohm meter. In some cases the computer will need to be reprogrammed in order to repair this.

If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any necessary repairs.