Q: What does the air bag Light mean on the dash?

What does the air bag Light mean on the dash?

A: Your car has a number of air bags throughou...

Your car has a number of air bags throughout the cabin designed to work with the seat belts to provide better safety for you and your passengers. The air bag Light in the dash is a readiness indicator. It should come on briefly when you first crank the engine, and then it should go out. If the light stays on or flashes, it means there’s a problem with one or more air bags, or another component in the air bag system (seat belt retractors, sensors, etc.). Have your car inspected immediately.

If the air bag Light bulb fails, you will hear a warning chime.