Q: Car not starting

My car has recently stopped running. It has also been stalling on the freeway, and shuts off when I turn on the headlights. I did all of the basic troubleshooting, and it’s not the alternator, battery or starter. Check engine light shows ecm needs to be replaced, but I just replaced it two years ago. My question is: could I just reprogram the ecm that I already have, or do I need to get a new one?

If the codes you get say to replace the ECM then you should replace the ECM and not just have it programmed. It would help us better to diagnose the problem if you supply the codes you get.

3. Car not starting