2007 jeep liberty. Noticed no a/c soon realized power ste...

Q: 2007 jeep liberty. Noticed no a/c soon realized power steering loss. Battery light came on. Fluid all over engine bay. Need help

asked by on November 26, 2017

Noticed a/c went out. Then battery light came on. Power steering loss. Fluid all over in engine bay. Trying to figure out problems

Check to see if the drive belt is intact. If it isn’t that would explain the loss of power steering, AC and the battery light. If the belt is intact, then something must be locked up, preventing the other parts from turning. The fluid you see could be coolant, and be a result of belt loss, or it could be power steering fluid. Coolant will be thin like water and have a kind of sweet smell, while power steering fluid will be oil like. It’s difficult for me to evaluate the problem any further from here, so I suggest you have YourMechanic send a technician out to your home or office to check out your drive belt and your fluid leak right there on the spot.