Q: ABS, ESP, Check engine 2005 Audi A4 1.8T

For the past month, I have had issues with my 05 Audi A4 1.8 base (VIN: WAUJC68E65A101749).

My issues started with the ABS and ESP light coming on and the speedometer wouldn't move. This would happen intermittently but would for sure happen if you remained idle at a drive through.

We replaced all 4 speed sensor with aftermarket parts. Everything went off for about 4 runs and now the problem has come back. ABS, ESP and check engine light all on now.

Could this mean an ABS module issue?

Prior to condemning the ABS module, there are quite a few tests that must be performed to rule out more common causes. In particular, you always want to rule out what is indeed the most common cause of an ABS system fault which is simply a loose, disconnected, or high resistance wire in a circuit. If you request an ABS system diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic and get this taken care of for you.

With regard to the check engine light, any one, or more, out of a list of thousands of Diagnostic Trouble Codes could have caused your vehicle’s Check Engine Light to illuminate. Your best option is to request a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.