Q: How do you program a personal security code for the Securicode® system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you program a personal security code for the Securicode® system?

If your car is equipped with the Securicode® system (not all Fusions have this), you have the ability to program up to three custom personal security codes. These codes can then be used to lock or unlock the doors, as well as to open the trunk without having to use the key or the remote. Here’s how to program a code:

1. Enter your factory preset code.

2. Press the 1 and 2 (you have five seconds).

3. Enter the code you want to use (you have five seconds per digit).

4. Make sure the doors lock and unlock to confirm that your code has been saved.

Tips

• Programming your own code won’t erase the factory code.

• Don’t use a sequential series (it’s too easy to guess).

• Don’t use five of the same number (again, it’s too easy to guess).