Q: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette cranks but won't start

The car cranks, but wont start. Also, the water pump leaks, and something is wrong with the air conditioner.

There are a few possible causes for your concern. Your engine needs several things in order to run properly: Fuel from the fuel tank, spark from the ignition system to ignite the fuel, and pressure in the cylinders generated by the pistons moving up and down to make your engine run. When your engine cranks and doesn’t start, you are missing one of those components. The most common problem is lack of fuel. This can be caused by a faulty fuel pump, or something as simple as a blown fuse.

Your a/c isn’t working right due to low refrigerant in the system. It is normal for a small amount of refrigerant to leak out over time. Given the age of your vehicle it may be time to have the system recharged and checked for leaks.

I would recommend that you contact YourMechanic so they can send a certified technician to properly diagnose the cause of your engine not starting, and inspect your air conditioning system.