Q: How do you get Check Engine Light reading with no OBD-II plug?

asked by on October 21, 2016

No where to plug my OBD-II reader

All vehicles that are newer than 1996 and sold in the United States are required to have an OBD-2 system. The scanner plug may have been removed for some reason by the previous owner or mechanic. If this is the case, it may require the dealership to repair. I would recommend searching around under the driver side dash area to determine if the plug has been removed or if it is just hidden behind something. You may be fortunate enough to actually find it and use your scanner. If the plug is missing, I would recommend consulting with a certified mechanic at a local dealer.