Q: Windshield wipers move slow and get stuck

asked by on May 12, 2016

My windshield wipers started moving really slowly while it's raining. I didn't think about it for a while because it's been dry, but today I tried to turn them on with a dry windshield, and they got stuck in the middle - just partially up. When I lifted the blades from the windshield, they ran, but still very slowly. What would cause this?

A few different items can cause the windshield wipers to work slow. The most common causes are the windshield motor beginning to fail, poor electrical connection at the windshield motor, or high resistance at the wiper motor. A qualified technician will be able to diagnose your window issue and perform any repairs required.