Q: Dashboard show the SRS light on

asked by on August 03, 2016

My car has gone around 160,000 miles and as of recently, it has been showing the SRS light on. I took it to the shop and they ran the diagnostics. They concluded that the light is illuminated due to the collision and the air bag having been deployed. I need some advice on this issue, because there has never been any collision nor has the air bag been deployed. Do you have any idea why the SRS light stays on during driving?

Hello. If there has never been any accidents and that is what the computer is saying, then the computer would likely need to be replaced. The SRS module will fail over time and cause these readings to occur. If all of the other sensors and inflator modules are fine, then the SRS module needs to be replaced and programmed to the car. If you need to have this verified before moving forward with repair, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the SRS Light and advise you on what should be fixed.