Q: changing the glow plugs

i am looking at changing the glow plugs on my focus 1.6 tdci the problem is that they come in two lengths 119mm and 125mm could you tell me the difference and is it important to get the right size obviously to take them out to confirm the size is a problem as i have no other transport to get them

The Mk 2 series 1.6l TDCI engines - up to 6/2011 build date have a 120mm length glow plug. The Mk3 series 1.6l TDCI engines, starting 02/2011 utilize a 114mm length glow plug. Diameter of the glow plug threads is the same - 28 mm. Either glow plug will thread into the cylinder head - there may be some slight difference in "warm-up" time.