Q: pontiac g6 runs for 3 seconds and then shuts off

my dad has a pontiac g6 that has been sitting in his driveway for 5 years because it wont run for more than 3 seconds... it gives a warning message of engine reduced power and then it will say engine disabled.. we were just wondering what the cause of this is. Is it wiring, anti-theft, starter? please help!

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The issue can be anything from a fuel or spark issue, to a sensor or wiring issue. With that being said, there needs to be a series of tests done. Since there is a warning light on, you would highly benefit from having the vehicle scanned for codes. You can use what the computer has detected is wrong to help guide you and expedite the diagnostic process. Otherwise, you need to perform a fuel pressure test, check for proper spark, check the exhaust system, and the air intake system. Any issues with a sensor will likely show up when having the vehicle scanned, which is another positive reason to get a hold of a scanner or call a technician out. For more help resolving the running issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. pontiac g6 runs for 3 seconds and then shuts off