Q: What causes the car to shake when the AC is on?

Hi. The car will run for about 15 minutes with the AC on but then starts to shake really bad until the AC is turned off. The AC will run cold but only when the car is in motion but you can't keep it on because of the shaking.

The a/c compressor will start to put a larger strain on the engine if the pressures rise above 400 psi. This can happen if there is a problem with the a/c cooling fans or the a/c system has a restriction causing the pressures to rise. I would recommend having the a/c system thoroughly checked by a qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic.

3. What causes the car to shake when the AC is on?