Q: Starter problem

I have a Vauxhall astra cdti have power but the car wont start

Hi There, If you have power to the rest of the car, it sounds like you may have a faulty connection to the starter or an improper ground issue somewhere. Check to be sure you have proper connection to the starter from the battery cable. If all connections are correct, you may have a faulty starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.