Q: Every time I accelerate I hear air either being sucked in or blown out from somewhere under the hood.

Every time I accelerate I hear the sound of air being either sucked in or blown out. It does have an aftermarket exhaust system so could that be whats causing it?

Hello. Rushing air noises during acceleration could be considered a normal part of operation. Even more so with high displacement engines, that rapidly ingest and move a lot of air and gases both through the intake and exhaust systems. If the noises are not excessively loud, or accompanied with performance issues then they are likely not an issue. If you begin noticing any driveability issues that accompany sound, then have an expert inspect the exhaust system and pinpoint any faults.

• Every time I accelerate I hear air either being sucked in or blown out from somewhere under the hood.