Q: When accelerating my steering wheel shimmers, like a slight wobble only while accelerating

Only when accelerating my steering wheel shimmers , wobbles left to right . Has it anything to do with the CV joint

Steering wheel vibrates or shakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Failure of the outer CV joints would more likely cause audible clicking or clunking on turns and not vibration. And, if the rubber boots are intact on the driveshafts (especially on the outer CV joints), it is not likely there is a CV axle failure on an Acura with only 89,000 miles. Imbalance of the shafts is unlikely as well. Usually, back and forth movement in the steering wheel is due to dynamic imbalance of the wheel/tire assembly and/or a rim is bent. Certain tire defects, particularly internal belt damage or separations, as well as irregular tire wear, will cause shimmy as well. Defective tires will vibrate no matter how "well" balanced they are and indeed some brand new tires with irregularities in sidewall stiffness and excessive radial force variation will vibrate no matter how well balanced. Contributing factors in the circumstance you are describing could be worn struts in the suspension and also loose engine mounts. If there are flat spots on the tire tread, that would be indicative of worn struts. If you request a vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all these possibilities, including tire balance, and resolve this for you.