Q: I have a vibration in the center of my truck from 55-80 mph

asked by on April 28, 2017

My truck vibrates in the center between the cab and the bed at 55 mph, and stops at 80. I've already had my tires balanced, and that wasn't the issue. The only thing I think it could be is maybe a unbalanced driveshaft or a tranny problem. Both have been replaced recently, the driveshaft was rebuilt. It ALMOST sounds like something rattling inside the exhaust, but there isnt. I've looked underneath it several times and nothing is loose, nothing out of place. Please give me some ideas of what it may be, thank you.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the driveshaft was rebuilt, I would first check to be sure that the shaft is balanced AND true. The biggest problem though is identifying a facility with the appropriate CALIBRATED equipment and knowledgeable staff. If you can identify a reputable shop, take the driveshaft there and have it verified. Once the driveshaft is ruled out, all the usual suspects come into the picture: the torque converter, transmission and differential and any other rotating component. There are wireless chassis ears that can be used to delimit the search area. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic could obviously resolve it for you. If you desire a diagnostic, please request that using YourMechanic’s vehicle vibration diagnostic/repair service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.