Q: Truck tugs during acceleration when letting off the brake pedal

I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and the problem is when I step on the accelerator and my truck tuggs when I let go off the brake pedal. Are my rear wheel cylinders bad? Thanks.

A: What you’d want to do is jack the car up wh...

What you’d want to do is jack the car up when it acts up like this. Check the wheels and see if they are sticking. If they are sticking, fix that first. If the back ones are sticking, you’ll need to fix those wheel cylinders. There are a lot of causes for why the car can jerk, but first thing you’d want to do if you think you have a brake problem is find out if it’s that. Start with the simple things and work your way up. Transmissions can do that too, but you don’t start with the expensive parts. You start with the obvious things that you can check first and fix them. I hope it’s not transmission, because that can be very costly. If you need help with these diagnostics, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your car’s tugging issue and verify whether or not a repair is needed.