Q: Shaking when brakes are applied

asked by on August 19, 2016

My car has gone 62,000 miles. There has been significant shaking while I'm driving at speeds from 45 mph to 75 mph. It occurs while braking. Due to brake pulsation, I went to the dealership. They had the rotors replaced. As the shaking was still noticeable, I went to the dealership again and had the front rotors and pads replaced. My car still shakes when applying the brakes and I'm concerned about safety while driving the car. What should I do to fix this?

If the dealer has already replaced the front rotors, the problem is likely with the rear being warped. The problem could also be a bad wheel bearing, but my money’s on the rear rotors. I suggest you have someone other than the dealer inspect the shaking you’re experiencing firsthand. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.