Q: The truck cut out suddenly

Hi. I was driving my truck the other day and it just cut down during the drive. There is the error code that came P0722 as well. Why did this happen? What should I do?

A: Code P0722 is an output shaft sensor code f...

Code P0722 is an output shaft sensor code for the transmission. While that may be an indication of an issue, it would not cause the truck to just quit. A catastrophic failure of the fuel pump, ignition system, or engine computer can cause a truck to shut down immediately and without warning, so these are the items that need to be checked first.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and expertise to safely diagnose issues in the starting system, and recommend the best path of repair.