Q: When I have my foot on the gas the truck shakes.

asked by on December 04, 2016

when i have my foot on the gas the truck shakes very fast almost like im going over very little rumble strips but not as violent then stops for a couple of seconds then repeats its self, but when i take my foot off the gas the shaking stops, I heard it could be a mass air flow sensor but I don't smell any gas and don't have any problems accelerating, any help is appreciated

Hi there. Check the air filter and make sure that its not plugged up. A plugged air filter will cause the engine to not breathe correctly and make the engine shake on acceleration. Also check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if its dirty. A dirty MAF will cause the computer to think that the engine is not getting enough air when the throttle is open and restrict the fuel, when its actually being demanded. Replace the MAF if its not responding or if its broken. If you need further assistance with your engine shaking on acceleration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.