Q: car losing power and slipping

asked by on August 31, 2017

when I start my neon it revs high and sounds really loud inside car. it shakes too but really bad when I turn on a/c for air. I'm losing power at times and it started a small jerk when gears change. my radiator is bubbling when I drive and turn off car.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be suffering from a large number of issues. You are going to want to start with the most obvious and likely to fail at almost 200,000 miles. Starting with the "slipping" you are experiencing, if this is the drive belt slipping, it will cause a huge variety of issues. Check the belt and the tensioner. Secondly, check water pump, radiator cap, thermostat, and the rest of the cooling system to try and resolve the coolant issue. Once that issue has been resolved, you can retest and focus your attention on the next problem. For more help with resolving the coolant issue and any further symptoms, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.