Q: i have a 2003 ford windstar the rear or passenger lock keeps sticking

the sliding door locks keep sticking and wont open

Hi There, This is often related to a malfunctioning door lock actuator, a blown fuse or a faulty power door lock switch. When you use the door lock switch in the car it sends a signal to a relay which then activates an actuator inside the door. The actuator is the final step in the process in that it is a small motor with a set of gears that actually locks and unlocks the latch mechanism inside the door allowing the door to open. When this motor is bad, the latch mechanism will fail to operate and cause the door not to unlock as it is designed to. In the case of a bad door lock relay, the power, normally needed to send the signal from the switch when you activate it to the actuator motor is not there. This means the relay is not allowing the circuit to be completed and the actuator motor is not activated. Any of the above may cause your power door lock switches not to work properly and should be diagnosed by a qualified mechanic. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the door locks in your vehicle.

3. i have a 2003 ford windstar the rear or passenger lock keeps sticking