Q: Oil pressure switch was replaced but the Check Engine Light is still on.

My oil pressure switch was changed on Monday October 17 and my check engine light is still on.

Hello there, a few different things will cause your 2011 Honda Pilot to still have the Check Engine Light on after the oil pressure switch was replaced. The most common cause would be the code not being cleared after the repair was performed. The first step a technician would take is to scan the car and check what code is stored in the computer. Once the exact code is known, then diagnosis could continue. A certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check Engine Light in person and pinpoint the correct repairs that are needed.

• Oil pressure switch was replaced but the Check Engine Light is still on.